The vanity is a focal element in your bathroom. Careful planning and precise installation are essential to ensure that your bathroom has a finished look. Case Design/Remodeling Halifax can walk you through each step of the implementation process, from choosing a unique design concept, selecting your materials, to installing your vanity. Our step-by-step process gives you a template as you put the finishing touches on your renovation. Read below to find out more.
Three Types of Vanities
The type of vanity you choose will depend on your personal needs and style preference. There are three main types of vanities:
- Galley: A typical galley bathroom features a long narrow space. A functionable vanity with less space can help make a bathroom from feeling crowded.
- Horizontal: If you need to save space while creating a clean, modern design, we suggest horizontal vanities. A horizontal vanity offers plenty of storage space.
- L-Shaped: These vanities offer unlimited possibilities in both size and style. They’re perfect for large master bathrooms that have open floor space.
VIEW OUR CASE BATHROOM PROJECTS
Choosing a Custom Design
If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, we recommend going all out with a custom-built vanity. You can get a vanity built to your exact specifications. You simply need to consider a few options such as color, door style, drawers, and what type of finish you want for the surface. You’ll spend a little more with a custom vanity, but you’ll be 100% satisfied with the finished product.
As you select a countertop for your bathroom vanity, there are several questions you need to ask:
- How much cleaning/maintenance will the vanity require?
- Is the surface stain-resistant?
- Is the countertop compatible with almost any drop-in sink?
- Is there a wide range of options in material, color, and design?
- How durable is the material?
Your top choices for materials include wood, granite, concrete, quartz, laminate, and marble. If you’re looking for durability, granite and quarts are your best bets. Wood is not as durable as granite, but it’s a more fashion-forward choice. Marble is also quite stylish, but the surface can scratch easily.
Fixtures Are the Finishing Touches
Once you have finalized your layout it is time to select your materials, including your final fixtures. The list includes cabinet hardware, lighting, faucets, and, of course, a decorative mirror. Also, make sure your cabinet knobs and faucets enhance the countertop and structural materials.
Bathroom Remodeling Service in Halifax
Case Design/Remodeling specializes in bathroom vanity design and bathroom renovation for homeowners in Halifax, Bedford, Dartmouth and the surrounding areas of Nova Scotia. Our solutions have helped hundreds of homeowners get the bathroom they’ve always wanted. To schedule a consultation, contact us at (902) 454-2273, firstname.lastname@example.org.