Do you live in an older part of Halifax, or Dartmouth? These homes, are located in sought after locations, and typically have lots of character. Unfortunately, many times the kitchen spaces can be small and cramped.
Here are some simple ideas to think about when having your kitchen updated, or renovated.
1. Create open space by removing walls between your kitchen and adjacent dining, or living room.
2. Kitchen and Accent Lighting. Ensure that proper kitchen cabinet lighting is added, as well as accent lighting, and kitchen task lighting. Many of our Halifax, and Darmouth Nova Scotia kitchen renovation clients are very surprised, and excited, to see what a difference kitchen lighting can make.
3. Use glass cabinet doors, and also open shelving. These kitchen storage options can make your kitchen feel larger, and more spacious.
Glass kitchen cabinets, west end Halifax, Case Design/Remodeling Halifax
4. Creative kitchen backsplash tiling. If your kitchen is smaller, you can splurge on a higher end, kitchen backsplash tile, as you won’t have large areas to cover, making it more cost effective.
Kitchen renovation by Halifax commons area, by Case Design/Remodeling Halifax
5. Get creative with your cabinets, and plan a function for every box. Think about the things you will need to store, and how you use the space. Ask one our designers to get creative with storage solutions.